Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wine Book Club: One Week Warning

For all of the well-intentioned procrastinators – like me – out there, this is crunch time. Only seven days remain to the February 26 meeting date of the Wine Book Club. For this first edition, we selected Vino Italiano by Joseph Bastianich and David Lynch. Dr. Debs, the rest of the club coordinators and I knew from the outset that a 500-page, two-month assignment would be an endurance effort, so I hope everyone’s still hanging in there. Any bloggers planning to participate or simply willing to help are encouraged to spread the word by posting reminders on their own sites.

For those in need of a refresher on the whole club thing, check out the following entries:


I’m looking forward to hearing from everyone next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I finished with my review a little early. Here is the link to my post. Can't wait to read everyone elses!

http://nycwinenotes.blogspot.com/2008/02/wine-book-club-vino-italiano-by-joe.html

Joe Manekin said...

I just wrapped up Emilia-romagna and now it's on to one of my least favorite regions: Tuscany.

So I'm trudging along. Perhaps with another batch of Lydia's Risotto al Barolo (it would be the third time I've made it in the past month or so) for fortification, and a few bottles of nebbiolo, I'll finish things up by the end of the weekend.

Speaking of the Piemonte, does anyone happen to remember what dolcetto is called in Liguria?

David McDuff said...

Thanks, Dave. You're the second to be well ahead of the game.

A good question for the wine geek trivia exam, Joe. I must admit I had to look it up, so I'll hold off on a response to give others a chance to chime in.

I'd ask why you have such a grudge against Tuscany but perhaps you'll cover that in your review....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin