Friday, February 22, 2008

WBW 42 Roundup Posted and WBW 43 Theme Announced

I’m a tad late in announcing the summary of WBW 42. Since I’ve been participating in Wine Blogging Wednesday, I’ve never seen such a quick turnaround. Andrew Barrow at Spittoon posted his summary only a couple of days after the event deadline. His job may have been made easier than most thanks to his topic of choice. Describe an Italian red using seven words. Sixty-one participants sipped, pondered and waxed poetic. That’s only 427 words to deal with. There’s never been a more succinct episode. I must admit I was less than overwhelmed with the topic when it was first presented. In the end, my wine brain turned off, the quirky side of my background in literature kicked in and I ended up having fun with the assignment.

I’ll have to fight back similar initial feelings in March. Joel at Wine Life Today has announced the next theme. It’s comfort wine. In Joel’s own words, “choose a wine, any wine, that you love to unwind to and tell us about not only the wine but what makes the experience special and relaxing for you!” You may have noticed by now that that doesn’t exactly encapsulate my usual approach to wine. However, at the end of a long week fighting what seems to be the mid-Atlantic plague – I’ve been home in bed for four days straight, and with not a drop of wine – I have to admit that just about any wine would be comforting at the moment. The due date for WBW 43 is Wednesday, March 5. I’m sure I’ll manage to come up with something.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin