Wednesday, January 23, 2008

WBW 41 Roundup Posted and WBW 42 Announced

Jack and Joanne have posted the round-up of notes from WBW #41, which focused on the white wines of Friuli-Venezia Giulia. I batted one for three for the day but those who aimed high, as J&J suggested, seemed to fare better. Check out their well done summation, along with their own list of recommended producers, at Fork & Bottle.

The 42nd edition of WBW, scheduled for Wednesday, February 13, is being hosted by Andrew Barrow at Spittoon. What’s his assignment? Review an Italian red using seven words. How’s that for practice? I’m not sure the episode will result in as much wine education as usual but it will certainly test everyone’s capacities as a wordsmith.

2 comments:

Sonadora said...

I fared better than you with my price point, but I'm still not sure my bottle was worth what I paid for it.

David McDuff said...

I suppose that's both good and bad, Megan. I would actually revisit the Colle Duga again in the future, at least at $20 rather than $30. I'd just be sure to stick with the current vintage, i.e., 2006 rather than 2005 at the moment. I'd also be inclined to try one of their other (non-Tocai) wines.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin