In tribute to The Beer Hunter, Michael Jackson, who lost his battle with Parkinson’s Disease on August 30 this year, Belgian bars, brew pubs and draft houses all over the world will be hosting toasts to his memory this Sunday, September 30. 9:00 PM marks the official start of the toast, with ensuing celebrations running the course of the evening. Many establishments are taking this as an opportunity not just to celebrate Michael’s life but also to raise funds for the National Parkinson Foundation. Participating venues in the Philadelphia area include:
- Tria (both at 18th & Sansom and 12th & Sansom)
- Monk’s Café (16th and Spruce)
- Grace Tavern (2229 Grays Ferry Avenue)
- The Belgian Café (2047 Green Street)
- Nodding Head (1516 Sansom Street)
If you’re unable to make any of these or the many other events around the globe, why not raise a glass at home. And consider making a donation directly to the NPF in memory of Michael Jackson.