Saturday, September 22, 2007

Corks and Caps

Recently noted during my travels through the blogosphere, both Wannabewino and Wino Sapien – I’m sure there are others – have taken to calling attention to closure selection when writing up wines. I’ve posted about corks and screwcaps here before so it’s obviously a topic of some importance to me. Nonetheless, I’d never thought to mention the closure in the context of my tasting notes. While that may have something to do with the fact that I don’t actually post all that many tasting notes, unless in the context of a winery visit or larger scale event, it still seems like the right thing to do. So, henceforth and forthwith, look for the closure of choice, along with the usual price, alcohol level, and importer/distributor information, at the end of each of my WTNs.

The current ratio, minus plastic.

5 comments:

Joe said...

ok, ok, I'll start mentioning the closure device.

David McDuff said...

Hey Joe,
I know it's not very sexy but it seems an easy and at least somewhat worthwhile tidbit of info to include.

Sonadora said...

I always included it, mainly as I started paying more attention to the type of closure when I was attempting to collect 150+ corks to use as place card holders for my wedding!

Thanks for the mention.

Edward said...

Thanks for the mention.
Its the obsessive in me trying to get out :)

I think it is good to know if it is synthetic cork - which means it must be consummed soon.

In Oz, there is all manner of alternate closures, so it seems an important things to mention

David McDuff said...

Worthy inspiration, Sonadora. And good thinking, Edward. You're both welcome for and well deserving of the mentions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin