Between struggling with a summer head and chest cold and prepping for the class I'm teaching on European sparkling wines at Tria Fermentation School tonight, there's been no wine and little writing 'round these parts for the last few days.
Class was booked ages ago but, for those of you interested in following along in spirit, whether in part or in whole, here's a list of what I'll be pouring tonight.
- Bugey Cerdon VDQS, Raphaël Bartucci NV (L07)
- Prosecco Montello e Colli Asolani, Bele Casel NV
- Bacharacher Kloster Furstental Riesling Sekt Brut, Weingut Ratzenberger 2003
- Vouvray Pétillant Brut, Domaine Huet 2002
- Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut, Diebolt-Vallois NV
- Champagne Extra Brut Réserve, Bereche et Fils NV
- Moscato d'Asti, G.D. Vajra 2007
A few different countries, several different production methods, plenty of stylistic variations and, I hope, seven really good wines. Should be a fun class. Here's hoping my voice makes it through.