Sunday, March 23, 2008

Finalists Announced for 2008 American Wine Blog Awards

The finalists have, yes, finally been announced for the second annual American Wine Blog Awards. Voting is open through Saturday, March 29, 2008. Please be sure to cast your votes at Tom Wark’s Fermentation.

The AWBAs are a great way to bring wider recognition to some of the brightest stars in the wine blogging world, exactly what Tom had in mind when he initiated the awards last year. While casting your votes, please take a little time to investigate all of the blogs that are up for consideration. It’s amazing how much great stuff is out there.

Though MFWT didn’t make the cut for the finals, I was honored to be nominated in the category of Best Wine Blog Writing by a few of my fellow wine bloggers from around the world. So, here’s a big shout out of gratitude to Joe of Joe’s Wine (Canada), Dr. Debs at Good Wine Under $20 (California) and Edward of Wino Sapien (Australia) for casting their nominations my way.

6 comments:

Joe said...

Well deserved. You threw me off with that Salento post - thought I was going to see some negroamaro...

David McDuff said...

Had the feeling that might happen, Joe. If I'd had any Salento wine around the house, you most likely would have seen some Negroamaro. Next time, perhaps.

Anonymous said...

I just realized you did not make the final cut, I hope you will do better next year. I hope Alder will win overall he has put in so much time and work. He also was who encouraged be to blog. Keep on writing David!

David McDuff said...

Thanks for the kind words, Mark. Alder would certainly be a deserving winner; he's done a lot to motivate people throughout the entire wine blogosphere.

Edward said...

David,

Such a thoughtful and eclectic blog deserves more than just a nomination!

David McDuff said...

Thank you again, Edward, especially for the heartfelt exclamation point. I'd hoped to see your blog (Wino Sapien) make the finals in one of its nominated categories as well. I guess we'll both have to see what next year brings. Keep up the great work!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin