Friday, May 22, 2009

Early June Triple Header

For three consecutive days in early June, you’ll find me at some of my favorite spots around the greater Philadelphia area, where I’ll be spreading the word and sharing the joys of three of my favorite things: wine, cheese and cycling. All of it, I might add, is yours to be enjoyed on the cheap – three great ways to get the summer started right without blowing the budget in the process.

  • Monday, June 8, 5:00 – 6:30 PM
    Early Summer Wines and Cheese ($25)
    On June 8, I’ll be leading an early evening wine and cheese pairing seminar at Wilmington, DE wine bar, Domaine Hudson.

  • Tuesday, June 9, 6:30 – 8:00 PM
    Get Your Eurail Pass ($50)
    Not much more than 24 hours later, I’ll be back in action and back at the podium at Philly’s Tria Fermentation School, where I’ll lead a budget-oriented tour around the wines of Western Europe. Tria’s June course schedule was just announced yesterday and the class is already close to being booked, so act fast.

  • Sunday, June 7, 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM (approximately)
    TD Bank Philadelphia International Cycling Championship
    Finally (actually firstly), if you’re wondering where to find me on Sunday, I’ll be spending the day at the TD Bank Philadelphia International Cycling Championship. This year’s race, which nearly didn’t come to fruition after organizational costs increased and sponsorship decreased, will mark the 25th running of the Philly Classic. I’ll be continuing a personal tradition that must be going on about 20 years now, through all five banks (Core States, First Union, Wachovia, Commerce, TD), hanging out on Lemon Hill, taking in the sun – it’s never once rained in the history of the race – and most likely a beer or two. Come on out. It’s a blast. And unless you feel the need to spring for a VIP-area pass, it’s absolutely free.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin