I hate to say it but yes, after a week of silence, this is just a teaser post. This Thursday, February 24, I'll be conducting an Introduction to Burgundy class at Tria Fermentation School in Center City Philadelphia. The session has been sold out for weeks; nonetheless, I thought I'd share what I'll be pouring for any who might be attending and can't wait to find out, as well as for those who might like to research, shop, drink and/or drool along.
Here's what I'll be pouring. It's a full slate this time 'round. Eight wines—read 'em and weep:
- Bougogne Aligoté "Cuvée des Quatre Terroirs," Domaine Chevrot 2008
- Mâcon-Charnay "Franclieu," Jean Manciat 2008
- Puligny-Montrachet, Chavy Martin 2008
- Chablis "Terroir de Chablis," Patrick Piuze 2009
- Fleurie, Terres Dorées (Jean-Paul Brun) 2009
- Givry Premier Cru "Cellier aux Moines," Domaine Thenard 2007
- Pernand-Vergelesses Premier Cru "Île des Vergelesses," Domaine Chandon de Briailles 2001
- Gevrey-Chambertin "Clos Prieur," Patrice Rion 2007
If all goes well, and time and budget allow, this intro course may lead on to more in-depth, Burgundian explorations. We shall see.... Hope to see some of you there.