As a reminder, this Friday, May 28, 2010, I'll be teaming up with Master Chocolatier Christopher Curtin of Éclat Chocolate to espouse the possibilities and pleasures of pairing fine chocolates with wines that sparkle.
Honestly, I've long been a firm believer that chocolate and wine are not a match made in heaven. But Sir Curtin's chocolates are uncommonly savory. And I'm always up for a challenge, especially when it comes to difficult food and wine pairings.
Here's a sneak peak at what I'll most likely be pouring:
- Prosecco Montello e Colli Asolani, Bele Casel NV (always a great way to start)
- "Cravantine," Domaine Fabrice Gasnier NV (a rosé sparkler produced from Cabernet Franc in the Loire Valley town of Chinon)
- Champagne Brut Réserve, Béreche et Fils NV (yes, only one actual Champagne, but it's wicked good)
- Lambrusco Grasparossa di Castelvetro "Rive dei Ciliegi," Francesco Vezzelli 2009 (dry, fizzy red from Emilia-Romagna)
- Moscato d'Asti, GD Vajra 2009 (I've just returned from Piemonte and a visit with the Vajra family, so I'm all set to regale you with tales of the trip)
Please call Éclat at 610-692-5206 for reservations or further information. Come on out, dang it! Deliciousness promises.