Next Thursday, July 19, I’ll be tag-teaming with the crew from New York’s Artisinal Premium Cheese to present a wine and cheese pairing happy hour at Domaine Hudson in Wilmington, Delaware. The event is already sold out – sorry for the late notice – but if you’d like to do some shopping, gather some friends and follow along from home, here’s what we’ll be serving.
- Haut-Poitou VDQS Sauvignon “Marigny-Neuf,” Ampelidae 2006 with Chabichou du Poitou
- Coteaux d’Aix en Provence Rosé, Château Calissanne 2006 with Ibores
- Chénas, Domaine Georges Trichard 2005 with Isle of Mull Cheddar
- Barbera d’Asti “Nobbio,” Roberto Ferraris 2005 with Robiola Bosina
- Toro, Quinta de la Quietud 2002 with Roncal
- Muscat de Rivesaltes, Mas Amiel 2005 with Bartlett Blue
Which came first, the cheese or the wine? In the case of this course, it was the cheese. I selected the wines to match each cheese with an eye to regional affinities as well as textural and flavor complements. I’m looking forward to the dialog with the mavens from Artisinal and with the crowd at Domaine Hudson. I hope to see you there!