Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Beauty of Burgundy, at Tria on February 24

Given that I've been maintaining strict radio silence here for well over a week, I figured it's about time to make a little noise... even if it is just to put in a somewhat self-promotional plug.

On Thursday, February 24, I'll be returning to the podium at Philly's Tria Fermentation School to lead an overview of the wines of Burgundy.  Here's the plug for the class (I wrote most of it, so I figured it'd be okay to lift it) taken directly from today's announcement of Tria's February schedule of classes.
Always wanted to explore Burgundy but never knew quite where to start? Here’s a great opportunity to dig in and have fun. In this class, we’ll cover the various regions that constitute Burgundy as a whole, from the Mâconnais in the south to Chablis in the north. We'll focus on the two primary grape varieties of the region—Chardonnay and Pinot Noir—but also taste wines made from lesser know Burgundian varieties such as Aligoté. Come see for yourself why so many Francophiles are in love with all of Burgundy! 
I've said it before but it bears repeating: these classes tend to sell out very quickly, so jump on board.  Even if you're an old hand when it comes to Burgundy, I promise I'll be pouring a lineup of wines compelling enough to keep everyone happy.

6 comments:

Joe Manekin said...

Where the heck have you been, David McDuff?

Write. It does not have to be a treatise on Barolo communes in 2006, or a detailed re-cap of a Levi D tasting (though I do love those posts). Just somethin'. Awful quiet here, of late.

Of course, I cannot claim to have been more active myself....

David McDuff said...

Joe,

Thanks for the encouragement (and for noticing and caring). I'm definitely in a slump of late but will be back at it soon, I hope.

cheers,
DMcD

lars makie said...

Ok, it's not like I can say too much either (writing is like pulling teeth for me, then again I don't have a masters in english), but it's been another five days and still nothing. Piling on pressure's probably not helping, but figured I'd throw my two cents in as well.

Missing the updates is all I'm saying. Hopefully you'll get reconnected with your muse on the upcoming Italy trip.

bill lundstrom said...

DAVE!DAVE!DAVE!......

TWG said...

Well?

Karen Ulrich said...

Sweet! Sounds like a fun class.
A little less winter would certainly help all of us crawl out of the slump. Are you riding through the snow??

Blog Widget by LinkWithin