Monday, June 7, 2010

One Beautiful Glass

I'd hoped to publish my report on 2006 Barolo, as experienced during the blind tastings at Nebbiolo Prima, today. But it's not quite ready for prime time and I know trying to wrap it up this late, my energy and concentration fading, would not be for the best. Some of you may have noticed by now that I'm not going to win any prizes for being the world's fastest blogger. What can I say, I've always been more of an LSD guy than a sprinter.

What I can share with you tonight is one of my photos from the trip, taken during a visit that was a really lovely surprise. Major bonus points on offer to anyone who can guess where it was taken and/or what specifically is in the glass.

8 comments:

bill l said...

dolcetto at the grasso's?

David McDuff said...

Well, it was red and it was in Piedmont, but wasn't Dolcetto nor was it in Monforte. Good starting point, though. Keep 'em coming.

bill l said...

hmmm, are you sure you kno wwhere you were? i mean, you drank quite a bit while you were there.

David McDuff said...

I'm sure, Bill. It was a beautiful spot, one I'd never visited before but would happily return to, ideally with a glass of the same wine.

Anonymous said...

Location--the park in La Morra? Not Dolcetto...maybe a Bonarda?

David McDuff said...

Hello Anon,
Good guesses but still not there, though we can now scratch La Morra and Bonarda off the list of possibilities.

Anonymous said...

Not La Morra (although I was almost sure that's where I saw if not this very spot something very much like it). Not Dolcetto, not Bonarda...
Wild guess at the location: Albugnano?
If so I would've said nebbiolo but the color isn't right.
Wilder guess at the wine...Freisa?

David McDuff said...

Your persistence is to be commended, Anon. Still not quite there, neither in place nor variety. Keep 'em coming. Good guesses, all. If I can ever get myself in the groove of writing up all my visits from that trip, I'll eventually reveal the answers. I hope you'll beat me to it, though.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin