Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ronde Van Vlaanderen 2008


I don't often post about cycling, in fact this is only my second time in over a year. But this past weekend's edition of the Tour of Flanders was just great. It got my cycling juices flowing again after a long, dark winter. This little video clip will give you an idea of just how hard the Belgian spring classics can be. Past winner Tom Boonen powers up in the lead, followed two wheels behind by teammate and eventual winner Stijn Devolder. The rest of the field is strung out behind, many of them -- these are the world's top pros, mind you -- forced to walk their bikes up the Koppenberg, one of the most famous of Flanders' cobbled climbs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brutal!

Great vid--thanks for posting. Why, I think I'll go riding this weekend!

- wolfgang

Blog Widget by LinkWithin