Sunday, October 14, 2007

WBW #38 Roundup Due Soon and WBW #39 Theme Announced

My opportunity to participate in the most recent round of Wine Blogging Wednesday, and to taste, learn and write about Portuguese wine, was foiled by the nasty side effects of the cocktail of pharmaceutical products I’ve finally finished in the aftermath of a collision with acute appendicitis. Ryan and Gabriella at Catavino were gracious hosts and should be posting their summary of all of the submissions from October’s edition shortly.

In the meanwhile, my esteemed fellow blogger Brooklynguy will be hosting WBW #39. As the theme, he’s chosen what he’s calling “Silver Burgundy:” Red or White Burgs from the less esteemed southern reaches of the region, the Mâconnais and Côte Chalonnaise. I could take the easy way out and re-submit the piece on the Saint-Véran “Tirage Précoce” of Domaine Corsin which I wrote for WBW #36: “Naked Chardonnay.” Instead, I think I’ll look forward to a good reason to hunt down something new and interesting to try and to continue on my path of Exploring Burgundy. Wednesday, November 14 is the due date, so mark your calendars and start shopping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David - Thanks for posting this. Any chance you feel like taking a crack at answering Deb's question in the comment section? I might not have gotten it right, and somehow I imagine that you know the answer...

David McDuff said...

You're welcome, Neil. I'll see what I can do to help with Deb's question.

"Silver Burgundy" question. Scroll down to the comments section to view the thread.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin